Monday, March 2, 2009

Sweet Boy

Recently we decided that Zac can have the choice whether to take a nap or not (but he still has to have "quiet time"). He has always been a great sleeper but had begun to take shorter and shorter naps. Since I am extremely pregnant I was afraid that this change would put a damper on my nap routine. Last week I fell asleep on the couch while Zac quietly colored at the table. Since I am such a light sleeper the next day I decided to lay in my bed while he played quietly. He didn't disturb me at all. I realized that I have got a pretty good deal here! All I need is about half and hour and he is responsible enough to play alone for that time. Today I asked him if he wanted a nap and of course he said no. He just wanted to play with his snakes. I slept for about an hour (oops!) and when I woke up this is what I found.



When he woke up I asked if he had a good nap. He was quick to inform me that he didn't take a nap and that he only closed his eyes for a little while. When I inquired about the one sock he told me that he was half man, half werewolf. He is such a sweet boy!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

ROFL!!!!

Rosemary said...

What a super kid - part boy, part werewolf. I love his inventive imagination and his genuine, heartfelt sweetness. And, he loves critters, just like his dad.