Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fooled Again!

After my first week off of work I am feeling rested, both mentally and physically, and admittedly a teensy bit bored. But today was everything except boring.
Claire started her first ballet class this morning. I found a cheap, 8 week program through the city for 3 and 4 year olds. It was perfect! She was so excited once we got there and she figured out what was going on. She was one of the littlest girls but was a great listener. She followed the teacher and had the best time! And yes, the "Homer tongue" was in full view when concentration was essential!

After lunch I took Sara with me to what I thought was a meeting for All Our Children International, a nonprofit that I am on the board of, but really walked into a surprise baby shower in my honor. One of my best friends, Rachael, is the president of the NGO and totally fooled me! I thought it was strange when I pulled up and saw my friend Iona and her new baby. I just figured that Rachael invited her to be a part of today's meeting. I was seriously that clueless!
I so enjoyed seeing my mom, mother-in-law, and all of my good friends (who I have now learned are fabulous liars!) come together to help celebrate. I got a ton of diapers and other adorable baby things that only get me more excited to meet this new family member! I can't believe that I have been completely surprised two times now by the very people I told to NOT do anything for me. And why is it that both times I chose to wear a sweatshirt and jeans that day?

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

The shower was so nice and it was also so neat that it was truly a surprise for you. The pictures of Claire dancing are priceless. She is such a ballerina and so loves to dance. It will be fun to see what she "learns" from this experience. I wonder if she'll change the way she already dances?