Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lately I haven't been quite myself. My aches and pains have been wearing on me, work is difficult because of the horrific situation we are in because of the budget crisis, and I did I mention my aches and pains. ;) Admittedly I could really use a little perking up.
Yesterday I reluctantly made my way toward the regular Wednesday staff meeting at my school. When I opened the door I found all of my co-workers standing in front of me, throwing balloons, and yelling "surprise!" I was truly that. I walked in the room and saw posters saying congrats to me and the baby, a yummy cake, more balloons, and an extravagant gift or two. It is overwhelming to me that amidst economic stress, report cards due, parent conferences, and just life, these fabulous people took a moment to celebrate me and my growing family.
(Especially when I told them not too! =) )
So perked up I am! Loved I feel! I only have a few more days at work per the request of my doctor (and my body) and I can't wait to meet this baby.
Thanks to my fabulous friends at the best school in town!

No comments: