Friday, March 6, 2009

Got Jesus?

Last night Eric and I took the kids to see the Watoto Children's Choir from Uganda, Africa at the church. Spectacular doesn't quite explain it and I wish I had photos to share. The children ranged in age from 7 to about 12 and they have been orphaned by AIDS. They train for 6 months and travel in the US to raise money for their new homes (among other things) that were created by a reverend and his wife. The children were so beautiful and the music and dancing were so much fun. The program also displayed video footage of tragic things happening in their country as well as more hopeful. Needless to say, Eric and I took turns weeping. Zac and Claire were riveted and appeared to really enjoy it.
A few of the children spoke and when they did they told that they no longer suffer because of Jesus. "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus." They really spoke and sang a lot about Jesus! Eric and I feel like we don't really need to go to church for a good 5 or 6 months because we got more Jesus in the 1 1/2 hours we were there than we have in a long time.
My favorite part of the night was when Claire turned to me and asked, "Who's Jesus?" All I could say was, "I'll tell you later."

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

I've got someone to recommend who could talk to Claire about "Jesus." :) I can just hear her and would have liked to have watched her face as she processed all that she was seeing and hearing.

Susan said...

That sounds like a great evening. I particularly enjoyed your embedded link. :-)