Sunday, December 5, 2010

She's 12!


It is very hard to believe that Sara is turning 12! She is way mature beyond the age of 12, but I can't believe that much time has passed. Just the other day we went to the park and Claire was rocking back and forth on a toy with her hair swinging back and forth. It was a total Sara flashback. It just doesn't seem that long ago that she was rocking on that same horse with the same blond hair bobbing all around her!

Last night we celebrated with a family gathering at our house. As always Sara was thrilled and so thankful of every gift. Either she is an academy award winning actress or she is the most grateful child in the world! I love it! Next weekend she is having a slumber party with 9 girls attending. Wow! I can only imagine the kind of sleep that Jennifer, Mike, and little sister Jude will NOT be getting that night!

Sara: I just know 12 is going to be a great year. I can just feel it! My mom said it was a hard year for her, but it won't be for me.

Me:(Thinking back to my 12th year. One of my WORST years ever!) Yeah. 12 can be challenging. (Thinking back to puberty, Jr. High, braces, friendships crashing and burning. Oh what good times.) But I'm sure it'll be great for you. (Praying my voice sounded optimistic!)

Anyone else have fun 12 year old memories to share? :)

4 comments:

Mark Henderson said...

Hmm. 12? Weren't you around then? I can't really remember. I think I recall you being around the house a few times.

Maria said...

Mark - So glad my birth and subsequent childhood had such an impact on your world! ;)

Susan said...

I love the conflicting stories of your childhood, Maria. It's amazing to me that you'll still speak to him.

A big Happy Birthday to Sara from us! She's a gem, without question.

Rosemary said...

Beautiful Sara! The party was fun and the gifts were perfect for Sara. How special it is that she is a part of our whole family. I love that "young woman."