Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ice Skating


Zac has been begging to ice skate ever since we passed by a rink outside of the Nokia theater a few weeks ago. Eric and I promised him that we would take him over winter break and Claire promised she would NOT be going. She insisted that Oma will watch her and Luke. NO skating until she is 7! So today we went. Sara is here and we thought it was a perfect time.

Here are our first moments on the ice. This provided me with a good side splitting laugh!



I soon realized a few things. First, I am not as young as I used to be. Second, I have a definite case of mom anxiety. It didn't help that many of the other kids Zac's age were outfitted with helmets. I decided Eric needed to take charge of Zac, then Sara and I can stumble in circles together. Side note: Sara text messaged me the other day that she is a little "iffy" the first time on the ice, but after about 5 minutes it's as if she was "born to skate." Not so much this time. We did notice her skates were a little loose and after a good tightening it helped her get the hang of it. She was a great partner!

I lasted about an hour and then took a seat. Here is Zac's progress. I am very impressed at his will. He did not want to take a break. He was certainly determined. A good quality no doubt!



We have even promised to do it again. It was a cheap and fun way to exercise and play together. But ask me again tomorrow when I can't move my legs. My outlook may change.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Delightfully, marvelously wonderful! What a hoot for all of you! Sara is a trooper and Zac is amazing. Yes, I think he was "born" (translate: absolutely determined) to skate. Can't wait to see how fast you're moving tomorrow, Brave Mom.

Mark Henderson said...

Looks like a blast. We need to take our gang soon!