Saturday, December 18, 2010

Get a Grip

I am a bit concerned about my emotional stability as of late. It seems that I get teary eyed at least once a day. Here is a list of a few of the moments that have moved me in the past 7 days. Some legitimate, others concerning.

The kick-line at the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular.

The song Where Are You Christmas playing on the radio.

At the movie theater at least three times during the latest Harry Potter movie.

When Zac walked up the sidewalk to school blowing kisses at me.

When we got home from seeing the Pulminoligist with Luke.

At an announcement my principal made over the intercom at my school.

When a coworker gave me chocolate.

When Claire came to work with me and ran out to the playground with my first graders without a care as to where and what I was doing.

That darn Children's Hospital Commercial with Jennifer Aniston.

When my job share partner told me she wants to work full time.

At the end of Polar Express when that Josh Groban song plays.

The next day when I told some one that my job share partner wants to go full time.

When my students sang at our annual Winter Sing.

When Luke hugged his little friend at school before we went home.

When I simply thought about Bus getting old.

When we sang Christmas carols at my work Christmas party.

When Claire woke up with fever.

When Zac behaved himself beautifully at the Nativity Scene rehearsal.

Looking at my hair in the mirror and realizing I will NEVER get an appointment before Christmas.



I'm sure I have forgotten a few. But this emotional state is getting ridiculous. And no mother. I am NOT pregnant! ;)

4 comments:

Mark Henderson said...

At least the memory is working.

Rosemary said...

Love Mark's comment. One of the many neat things about you, Maria, is that you care so much about your family, your friends, your colleagues, your profession - about life in general. You are always PRESENT and it is a very special gift. I love you lots!!!

Butch Henderson said...

Tears often speak above, beyond, and more than words. Right on. Love, DAD

Susan said...

A marching band or Silent Night will get me every time and the boys want to know why I cry when I read Polar Express.

I'll bet it's somewhat seasonal and also what your wise mother has pointed out already about you. Also? Sometimes life is just a little overwhelming and it's occasionally difficult to predict at what end of the spectrum you'll feel that!