Thursday, November 4, 2010

Z is 7!


A big happy birthday to my first born! Last night Eric and I reminisced about driving to the hospital is supposed labor only to be turned away and how I made him stop for milk and bananas at Stater Brothers. I remember sitting in the car waiting and fogging up the windows while laboring in the car. Sure enough we were back at the hospital only a few hours later. Ouch it hurt!

Yesterday I took treats to Zac's classroom since I had to teach today. This year I volunteer once a week in Room 16 so I get to know the kids a little bit. It is so fun to be in there and to witness him in his element. I know I am blessed to have that opportunity because so many parents can't. They sang a very loud happy birthday to him and only two kids refused my store bought cookies. Yeah. No baking for me. I love Zac's teacher because she too has 3 children and can totally relate to my world and took my cookies with no judgement. She is great!

Today we surprised him with the traditional decorated chair and a pogo stick. I came home from work today and he is already an expert jumper. Thanks grandpa Butch!

He has requested pizza for dinner. Score for me! Saturday is the birthday party at Laser Island. Stay tuned for what is sure to be fun tails from that event!

Happy Happy Birthday Buddy!

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Zac was such a happy camper today with the sign & the pogo stick & the surprise bracelet thingys that the kids love that Grandpa Butch had for him. Luke was a happy camper too & loved eating ALL of his Euro's grilled cheese & lots of fruit, "reading" his favorite books several times, "riding" in the laundry basket, watching Grandpa Butch mowing, & finally going down reluctantly for a nap. Good day!!!