Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Thank You Note

Dear Tylenol and Motrin,

The last few weeks, since I threw my back out, have been trying. But you, the great FEVER REDUCERs/PAIN RELIEVERS have been there through it all. You may not have relieved one bit of my pain, yet the simple act of taking you made me feel as though I was doing... something.

You were there for me when we were camping last Sunday morning after I had been up all night listening to those precious 20-somethings drink beer, smoke pot, and philosophize around the campfire. All. Night. You were there on Monday morning approximately 3:00 a.m. when Claire had 103.6 temperature and chills. Then again you were there for her every 3 hours until, well, today. You were there for Zac when he woke up the morning of his school's costume parade and Kindergarten performance when his temperature was 102.7 and every 3 hours or so since. Then finally you were there for Luke's first fever last night on Halloween.

Yes, these times are hard. But thanks to you both (and Eric, Butch, RoRo, Oma, and Opa) we have persevered.

Love always,
Maria

P.S. Eric is off to the store to buy more of you. See you soon.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

You are a crazy lady WITH GOOD REASON. The kids are so lucky to have a loving mom hanging tough with them when they feel so pooky AND when she doesn't feel great herself. (Yes, your mom is proud of you.) Now I'm hoping that Eric isn't coming down with all of this "fun" stuff.