Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Chef Mom

Most of my motherly duties I quite enjoy. But packing school lunches isn't one of them. I find that I look forward to when Zac's school is serving chicken nuggets or corn dogs. But Claire's school doesn't provide lunch so...today I thought I'd get a little creative and NOT pack a sandwich. I thought a plethora of choices would be a very satisfying lunch. Wouldn't you love yogurt, cheese, a nutri-grain bar, fruit, and milk?

Claire: Mom? Am I going to school tomorrow?

Me: Yes, of course.

Claire: Am I eating lunch?

Me: Yes.

Claire: Then pack me a SANDWICH! (Picture a fist pound on the table per syllable.)

Me: OK. What kind of sandwich?

Claire: Peanut butter and jelly...like always! (Fist pound, eye rolling, every word sort of sounded like, "Duh you idiot!")

Point made.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

"So, Mom, like duh like really!" How could you expect an innocent child to eat such a healthy lunch. Heck, I had crepes for lunch yesterday, and they were divine - every blueberry drenched, whipped cream coated morsel. No regrets, no remorse!

Charlotte said...

Please, Mommy?

Susan said...

At least you'll always know where you stand with her, right?!