Sunday, November 15, 2009

Have to share...

Claire

As I am buckling Claire in her car seat the other day she asks me about my wedding ring.

Me: Daddy gave it to me when we got married.

Claire: But you're not married.

Me: Yes we are. Daddy and I had a wedding where I got to wear a pretty dress and all of our friends and family came to celebrate.

Claire: You are not married because you're a prisoner.

Me: A what??

Claire: You're a prisoner.

Me: (curious) How am I a prisoner?

Claire: Because you have to work and teach students. You are a prisoner.

Me: I'm a prisoner because I work?

Claire: If you are married you don't have to work any more and you aren't a prisoner any more.

Ummmm. Too many Disney movies perhaps?

Luke

I am home alone with Luke attempting to do house work. I put him in the living room in front of his baby gym with toys dangling from it and pop in the best babysitter ever...Baby Einstein.

A few minutes pass and I peek in to check on him. Luke has completely knocked the over the gym and plugged himself with a pacifier. His eyes were glued to the T.V.
Awesome. Back to work for me!

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Dear Prisoner on Ukiah, I'd suggest switching her to Baby Einstein, but I think she's way too much of a princess to leave Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Tinker Bell, and all of the Barbie personae. Hmmm. It might also have been the influence of Belle or Beauty and the Beast or Shrek.

Susan said...

Wow. Just, wow! Some days it does feel like a prison but I'll bet you've never let on to that to her! Aren't they fascinating?

Susan said...

p.s. have I ever mentioned that if you could sell the "Good-as-Luke-guarantee" I would have another baby in a heartbeat?!