Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Zac's 5!

Tuesday November 4th, 2008 will be remembered forever as a historical day in history. Our country came together and elected a great man to be our president, Barack Obama! There are no words for how excited I am!
But yesterday was also my baby's 5th birthday. On Monday when I reminded Zac that it was his last day as a four year old, he told me that he would start listening to me tomorrow. Of course that didn't last long. Tuesday morning I did the mom thing and took cupcakes to Zac's classroom. As soon as I walked in the door he yelled, "I love you mommy!" I melted of course. His class was so cute and very thankful for the yummy cupcakes. I'm sure their parents were not that thankful when they came home with their faces stained with blue frosting. Oops!




That night we ate Zac's requested dinner of pizza and tried our best to celebrate while CNN played in the background. Claire went to bed at her usual 8:00 but we let Zac stay awake to watch Obama make his first speech as president elect. We attempted to explain to Zac how his 5th birthday is also a historic event. Eric and I watched the television and sobbed like babies. Zac just played with his new toys not understanding the enormity of it all. I'm sure some day he will "get it" and think it's as cool we do!
Happy Birthday Buddy!

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Zac looks so grown up and he and Claire obviously really dig blue cupcakes. Happy, happy birthday, Zac! Butch & RoRo can't wait to watch all that bowling at your party this Saturday.

Susan said...

Happy belated birthday, Zac! Andrew and Thomas picked out a special gift for you weeks ago but Aunt Susan's a little slow with the post office run. We'll get it headed your way this weekend.