Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Claire


Things I appreciate about having a little girl:
She immediately says she's sorry if she thinks she's hurt you in any way.
She begins every answer with "because I..."
She sleeps in her favorite dress, shoes, and holding a purse.
She picks out a certain outfit claiming she has to wear it because it is "so cute."
She can sit in my lap at rest for extended periods of time.
We can shop together and get excited about cute outfits and shoes then she tells me how pretty I look.
She will sit and color.
She is so gentle and great at sharing...for a 2 year old.
She loves to hug and kiss and yet she can wrestle and play with Zac.

Now don't get me wrong, I love having a wild, imaginative, inquisitive boy like Zac as mentioned in previous blog entries! But last Sunday while Eric and I sat at church during Zac's choir rehearsal with Claire peacefully in our laps I watched my dear friend who has a boy the same age as Claire chase her son all around the room. I immediately giggle because, first of all, he is so funny. But then I stop smiling and put my hands to my stomach because...oh crap! I get to do that all over again! But I honestly can't wait!

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Claire is an absolute delight! Of course, I'm not biased in any way. All of my grandchildren are "above average," as Keillor would say and I love them "all the much." Each one is special and unique in such delightful, amazing ways. RoRo

Trina Keil said...

As the mother of the son who was running gleefully amok in the room, I have to say it is a great exercise program! but oh, it would be so wonderful to have a sweet girl like Claire sometimes! for all the lovely reasons you mentioned. be sure to print that off for her memory book. : )