Monday, November 4, 2013

A Decade

I get my daily eye roll in when I sign in to Facebook to read yet another parent's lengthy post reflecting on how "blank years ago our family was blessed when blank was born..." Well, I'm feeling a little like those parent's today, yet I'm resisting the urge write a novel about it on FB.;)

Yes, 10 years ago today, Zachary made his first appearance. Saturday night we celebrated with 8 of his closest friends at Sky Zone (trampoline park). Sunday morning he wrote each of those friends a thank you note without a complaint. That afternoon he got to enjoy the new Xbox 360 that his birthday money allowed him to buy. Today he took cookies to class. None of this appears to be a big deal to him, but it is to me. He's my first. I love that he's a self starter, that he has amazing friends, and that he takes really good care of himself and his siblings. For the record some of his favorite things right now are Minecraft, Minecraft, soccer, making odd faces in pictures, talking on the phone at length, and Minecraft. Did I mention he likes Minecraft?



Happy birthday Z!


1 comment:

Butch Henderson said...

Well said, Moma! Grandpa Butch is also celebrating a decade with my "Partner."