Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Luke is 4!

April 14th fell on a Sunday this year and in between baseball and soccer we managed to squeeze in a small party for our little guy that day. Spider man was able to take a break from crime fighting to show up at our gathering at Magnolia park near our house. (A park party is something I swore I'd never do. That was before my dogs destroyed my back yard and made it unusable.) Luke was extremely happy and great friends came out to help celebrate.





Luke has had a spectacular year. He continues to improve with his speech and especially language. Right now everything he says begins with "Me." "Me do it." "Me winner." My favorite is, "Me awesome." This habit is improving. Me working on it.

He happily approaches every day and experience. He loves school and he has 2 friends, Jason and Alex, that he is obsessed with. Their mom is responsible for the pictures above. I'm not sure the boys reciprocate quite the same feelings that Luke has for them, but they are definitely good buds!

He likes to tell me that "I'm mean sometimes." I figure that is way better than being mean all the time. We think he is pretty amazing and I can't believe it's been 4 years since we met. Happy Birthday Luke J.!

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

It was a spectacular party that everyone enjoyed. What a treat it was to see how excited Luke was when Spiderman arrived! The face painting and balloon creations were perfect additions. Luke, or "Me" as he is currently better known, is a happy camper almost all of the time. He walks into a room smiling with this expectant look on his face that says, "What can we do right here, right now!" What a great way to approach life!