Monday, December 7, 2009

Luke's Baptism


The last couple of weeks have been a blur of sleepless nights, surgery, urgent care waiting rooms, thermometers, Tylenol, snot, tissue, humidifiers, co-pays, soar throats, albuterol, hydro-cortazoan cream, Neosporin, and a lot more snot. In between all of that fun we managed to celebrate a beautiful Thanksgiving at Chad and Lisa's house, decorate our house for Christmas, go out to dinner for Chad's birthday, and then yesterday, celebrate Luke and cousin Zoe's baptism. Dad made a guest appearance in robe and all to lay his hands on their heads and make them official. Zoe wasn't too sure about this virtual stranger holding her and putting a wet hand on her head. I think for a 20 month old, she handled it quite well. Luke only needed to be plugged with the pacifier once after I tried to wipe his snotty nose before the actual baptism. Eric told me afterward that when I handed Luke to dad, Luke made a face like, "Hey. I know this guy!" That look on Luke's face almost made Eric loose it. I got teary when it hit me that this was it. No more baptisms for us. This is the last time dad will do this for Eric and me. Wow. Last time's are poignant.


2 comments:

Susan said...

Everyone looks great for being a bunch of sickies! Thanks for sharing photos.

Rosemary said...

It was beautiful - Luke, you, Eric, Zac, Claire, Sara - the whole baptism - Zoe, all of the Tucker and Anderson clans. What a super neat day! Now, if we can just get everyone well.....