Friday, July 3, 2009

Pest Control 2

Now that the crickets have all been found (probably) you would think that I could relax. But no. Not a chance.

There I was (yesterday) sitting happy and content with Luke in my arms, Claire to my side, and my rambunctious 5 year old playing outside when my peace was destroyed. (Yes I am being dramatic.) When Zac comes running in the back door out of breath.

Zac: Mom! You won't believe this. I was checking on my pumpkins and I saw a HUGE bee hive.

Me: (Not believing my son who is typically full of...it) Uh, huh. Close the door. You are letting in the hot air.

Zac: Mom, I'm SERIOUS! It's in the Oak...wait, what is that tree called?

Me: The Mulberry tree.

Zac: Yeah. It's in the Mulberry tree. Come see, come see!

Me: Are you telling the truth Zac? What does it look like?

Zac: Big and brown with lots of bees. Come and see!

Me: Fine.

I walk out and see nothing. Zac pulls me to the north side of the yard and stops. I still see nothing. Zac points to his pumpkin patch and tells me to stand right there.

Then I see it.








Seriously? Why me? Makes you want to throw up a little, doesn't it?

Yes it is still there with apparently no plans on leaving. Of course we don't want to kill them so we are hoping they will do their thing and leave.

FYI - Spraying them with water doesn't work.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

That is absolutely amazing and spooky. Good luck! I think we'll watch the fireworks elsewhere.

Diana said...

OMG!!! That was huge! I was in tears cracking up at the cricket story! Zac's missing tooth video was priceless! I finally figured out how to leave a comment, yeah!