Saturday, October 11, 2008

Friday Night

What happened to my Friday nights?
Eric was out last night (Friday) and I was actually looking forward to doing something fun with the kids. All day I planned the evening in my mind. I thought we could call a friend or go somewhere fun. By about 4:00 I decided on the staying home plan. I would make a great dinner and then we could go out for ice cream! By 6:00 I had the frozen chicken nuggets cooking in the oven while I made jelly toast for myself. The kids were bathed and in their p.j.'s by 7:00. I entertained them with the ice cream that was (thank god) in the freezer until I put Claire to bed at 7:45 and Zac to bed at 8:00. I think the last time I looked at the clock it said 8:17.
What happened to my Friday nights?

2 comments:

Susan said...

This parenting stuff is glamorous work, there's no doubt about it! That sounds much like my Friday night and I bet you and I felt better on Saturday morning then Eric and Mark did.

Claire said...

What a great Friday! This Friday, I celebrated my good exam grades from this week by watching Pump Up the Volume, and reading about the Colorado constitutional amendments on the ballot this year. I was in bed by 9:30...couldn't be happier. All I need to do is throw in some Murder She Wrote, isotoners, and ribbon candy...and I am 90 yrs old.