Thursday, June 7, 2012

Birth Order

Today was the last day of school for summer at Luke's new preschool. The parents were invited to come and watch an awards assembly then head out to the playground for field day. OH YAY! Here is my public apology to Luke for birth order. It is completely out of his control that he is the last, the baby. But I went, I smiled, and I tried to fight the "Butch" in me that wanted to jet out of there as soon as the "award" was given out.



We blew bubbles, we did lawn bowling, we water played, and we stood in the 20 minute line for face painting (where I marveled at the mothers who read the note about field day and thought 3 inch heels were the appropriate attire). Apparently my child is the only kid at Step Up Preschool who requested Spider Man. The two teachers in charge didn't quite know what to do. Here is the end result. Hmmm... I even googled an image on my phone for inspiration. ??



Afterward we grabbed a snack, thanked his teachers, and left. Total time 1.5 hours. 1 hour longer then I would have liked, and we could have stayed another 1.5 hours! The best part of the day was afterward when I got to take him to Vons for some grocery shopping. I was extremely amused as we watched people try to politely NOT stare at his face. Or they looked and said "That's a cute...what is he?" Even better, we ran into his former speech teacher. He was too busy sipping his smoothie, with red paint dripping down his hands and neck, to say a word to her. Awesome!

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

Congratulations, Luke, on your fun last day at Preschool. Love your award, love your Spiderman face paint, and love YOU!

Butch Henderson said...

Well, when you achieve the status of grandparent, you may affirm the "Butch" in you and exit while parents remain. (:>)

Susan said...

You apparently inherited all the parental guilt; Mark would totally get up and leave.

It looks like he had fun and that makes it worth it, right?!?!

Claire said...

From one baby of the family to another, I'm with you Luke and Maria!