Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Begins

Summer began last Thursday after an exciting week of field trips, award ceremonies, parties, report cards, picnics, plays, and more parties. A great end to an amazing school year.

Later that night...

Here is what happens when your brother swings a baseball bat and you are standing too close.



On the last day of school, thankfully, but only 10 days before the ballet recital. Darn. (Funny, I feel like I just posted a similar pic of Claire all too recently.)

Here is an award I received from dad at rotary. I was tricked into thinking I was going to see him get an honor. Had I known the truth, I would've looked cuter. ;)



Dad said some really mushy, gushy things about me. As a parent, I understand that those moments are pretty important. Thanks dad!

We also added a new car to our family which makes for a pretty happy husband. It also means that my happy husband has no excuse when asked to take the kids here and there. Life is good! Welcome summer!



2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Claire's eye makes me cry! But I know it's getting better. Yes, your dad said "mushy, gushy things" because they were/are true! Congratulations on that well-deserved award!

Susan said...

Claire's face makes mine hurt. :-( And, you got a new car!??!