Sunday, April 1, 2012

Henderson Visit 2012

Cousins!

I beginning to come out of my post Henderson visit depression. It hit hard when I returned to work last Monday when I didn't have one of my nephews coming along with me. Yes, Andrew and Thomas both got to be honorary Vista students for a day. It was so awesome to get one on one time with 2 of my favorite out of 4 boys in this world! I believe both of the boys thought I was a decent teacher but my students were "naughty." I didn't say it, they did!

Our whirlwind trip consisted of lots of cousin spy game playing. The game has reached a new level. Now copious notes are taken with precise locations of each adult in the house. We had a cousin sleepover with lots of laughter and not much sleep! We spent enough time in traffic on the freeway to last a year, but were able to visit some pretty exciting places: The LA Natural History Museum, La Brea Tar Pits, Long Beach harbor boat tour, and Santa Monica pier. Thomas and Andrew are professional sight seers. My children, on the other hand, are not. In short, Luke didn't care to see dinosaur bones, he wanted REAL dinosaurs and Claire thought it was "stupid" that the tar pits only had dead animals. The harbor tour was a hit all the way around except that Mark may want to pack a sweater while visiting the coast in early spring. The Santa Monica pier was fabulous except that it was almost cold enough to snow. We ate A LOT of food and had a great time catching up on lost time.

*Sidenote - Eric and I got a night out with Mark and Susan with no kids. (Thanks mom and dad.) Haven't laughed that hard in a while! I'm always happy to entertain with touching stories about my past. ;)


3 comments:

Mark Henderson said...

We had a great time too. Can't wait for the next.

Rosemary said...

Love the picture! Loved the whole time together, traffic & all! Loved watching the kids instantly reconnect after many months apart! Loved all the racing around the house! I'm still smiling from the good memories. Can't wait until our time together this summer!

Susan said...

I'm laughing just thinking about how hard we laughed at your KU stories the night we went out to dinner. Re-entry to real life was difficult this trip, without a doubt. Too much fun!