Friday, January 15, 2010

Questions and Answers

I teach first grade. It's a really fun/funny age. Sometimes I find myself answering questions they never prepared me for during my teacher ed program. These are only answers. You can guess the questions.

No, I am younger than Martin Luther King.
No they didn't have video games when he was alive but, yes, they had food.
No I didn't mean to do my hair funny today.
Yes you have to do work today.
No, sticking out your tongue once is just as bad as sticking it out 3 times.
No. A sofa is a couch.
Yes it could be a bed too.
No you can't eat money. It's pretty dirty.
No I don't mean to walk that way. My back just hurts.

I'm so entertained all the time! These were just this week... and I work part time! :) Love them all!

3 comments:

Mark Henderson said...

"No, there's not something stuck in my teeth."

Charlotte said...

I know those kids! They're the ones who said to me, "You're not old. You're only 56."

Susan said...

"No, my brother isn't quite as funny as he thinks he is."

These are awesome. Remind me to tell you the story of the substitute teacher fielding MLK questions from Andrew's class. How I wish you would have been there to answer them instead.