Sunday, June 15, 2008

Graduation 2008



So Zac is officially a preschool graduate! Last Wednesday June 11 we all gathered to watch a well rehearsed show at Zac's school. Now I realize that I need to put this in perspective. My child is only 4 (and 1/2 he constantly reminds me) and there are many more important graduations that lie ahead. I did try very hard to remember that but I found it difficult. I cried when I received notice of the beginning of rehearsals. I cried when I wrote the check for the graduation hat and shirt he had to wear. I didn't sleep at all the night before and I arrived 1 1/2 hours prior to showtime to save our seats. But it was all worth it when my adorable little boy walked out on stage to the traditional graduate march. He found us in the audience and smiled a huge smile and waved! I was a complete wreck. I couldn't even hold the camera still to get a decent pic. (Notice the shaky video I took.) Thank goodness Eric balances me out and calmly videotaped the entire presentation. Even Claire was way into it and kept yelling "Hi Zachary" at full volume. The show was short and sweet. A poem, some songs, a dance, and of course the receiving of diplomas. At the end they announced the graduating class of 2008 and we clapped and cheered our hearts out. Too cute!
Zac's Preschool Graduation

No comments: